Friday, July 31, 2009

Dunno what week is this =.="

It's already Friday !

Another week is over and in a few more days, I would be able to meet lots of friends again. Friends from UTAR, UK and of course, Australia.

Convocation is on 8th of August, 8 days from today. At first thought, its really exciting for me to receive my scroll on the stage, in front of so many people, especially my beloved parents. However, as I think further much responsibilities I would need to shoulder as soon as I have officially graduated.

My dad is particularly unhappy after he heard that I was rejected by Kraft for Graduate Trainee Position. I was a little bit disappointed as well, as I knew I didn't put in my 100% effort during the 3rd interview cum assessment. I wasn't expecting that type of evaluation on that day and it really caught me by surprise. However, it is a good experience and should I apply for Management Trainee position again, I would be much prepared for what I'm going to be tested on.

As for now I'm still hunting for a job that I like and I am quite picky on this. I doesn't want to work in something that I have no passion in it, as this would not bring out the best in me. My parents are quite concern about me especially my dad, who is already planning to get me into an MBA program or to force me to further study in any postgraduate program that I would like to do. So, I am praying hard that I could get a job as soon as possible to avoid going back to university so soon!

Let's not talk too much about my career. Talk about my life for the past one whole week. Apart from the bad news from Kraft, life is pretty good for this week.

This week, I spend most of my time either by watching DVD or looking for other job opportunities. And since I knew that I would like to do something related to management or business in future, I spend some of my free time learning some tools of trades in the business world. I learn some terms related to investment/business world reading business magazines (Times, Forbes, Newsweek =.=") and playing some real time investing game (its darn addictive !!).

I also did some shopping this week. I went to IKEA yesterday with my mom to get some new furniture and household items. I bought a few new photo frame and some file case. The reason I am buying photo frames is that, I have washed out a few course pictures and I felt there is a need to change the old frame. On Tuesday, I cleaned my entire room and it took me blardy 6 hours++ to clean up my blardy room. It seems that I haven't been cleaning the room for quite some time and I found tonnes of rubbish and papers. Some of these papers dated back to year 2006 when I was still doing foundation in TARC. I "restructure" my entire study table and displayed out some memorable photos in those frames.


Some round candle ! It is so cute !


Deng, the size of IKEA. Huge


Photo frames

My table after cleaning and redecoration. So nice rite ? Hehe

Don't be surprise if I am about to tell you that this was the first time I have been to IKEA. People closed to me knows that I rarely step my foot into Mutiara Damansara area especially Curve area. So, I was pretty amused when I first entered IKEA together with my mom. If I had the cash, I would definitely splurge on that day. The way they design/decorate those bedroom is just what I wanted for my own room/ my own house.

Anyway, these days I have been doing some pretty intense jogging during the evening.(too free at home =.="). All these running makes me healthier but also unusually hungry during midnight. I hate the hungry feeling and those drumming noises from my stomach. When I am hungry, I would have two choice. 1) Get some McD or 2) cook something to eat.

Now, let me tell you some story about my mom. My mom is a great cook. In fact she is so good, that I have only listen to praise from friends that have the opportunities to dine at my home. She is a firm believer of this principle, "let your kids learn and let them learn it the hard way". Yeah, very true. She is one of the main reason for who I am today.

I have start learning how to take care of myself since I was a young kid, age around 7-8. Back then, my mom thought me how to cook, how to handle the stove and how to prepare food properly. Many of you might not know that, my parents went outstation quite often and usually I was left home alone together with my brother. Throughout so many years, I have learn to cook some simple food to make sure that I am able to survive, when my mom is not at home. Cooking is one of my small hobby. I love to try new recipe, especially cooking western food (too bad, usually only the special one can try it. Hahahahaha).



Mushroom soup + Normal Indomee

Mee Goreng mamak style + Milo.... Yummmy !!




1 comment:

  1. No matter how good you cook, it is still instant noodle afterall. Show us that you really can cook! I think you really should opt out your life as a "yi sai zhou" and find a "hell of a job" that suits you best. Btw, let me know exactly what time we need to celebrate your convo. Cuz I really told my boss that my hou heng dai is having his convo day, and no change I can miss that! So, I've withdrew myself from the team to Penang PC Fair,just to celebrate with you.

    ReplyDelete