Sunday, July 19, 2009

Shopping and Working

Malaysia Megasales !!!! Yeah !!!

It's back and this time around, I shop as a fresh graduate, walking into the career path of my life. For the first time, I don't shop for jeans anymore but instead I look for business slack. For the first time, I resist from buying some cute/funny T-shirts but I spend hundreds on working shirts and ties.


Two of my G2000 shirts cost me RM 239 T_T


My 3 new G2000 shirts ....weeeeeeee

Since I'm already splurging on clothes, I saw some good discount in Nike shops and I'm desperately in need of a new running shoe so that I can get back onto the track. Yeah, I need to run/jog again to improve my stamina so that I could swim again. I admit that I am very lazy throughout my university days. I skip scouting, choose to sleep rather than to have a morning jog and worst, I am lazy enough to follow my brother to the gym for workout or swimming session at Chun Hoo's house or Uncle Wai's house. Thou my weight didn't change much during these 3 years, but the lack of exercise surely have some impact on me.

My new Nike Air Max Turbulence !


The last blood test of mine showed that there were slight increase in the amount of LDL cholesterol in my body. Worst, that time, when I was in Phuket, I can only swim 2 rounds of pool before exhausting myself and needed to stop for a while to catch my breathe. The fact that I'm still 22 but exhibiting stamina of an older man certainly worries me a lot. I made up mind since then, that I need to run again to pick up my stamina again.

With the new shoes, I am jog around a park every evening now, for an hour. The first few days were hell. My muscle cramp so many times and it was swollen and pain when I reach home. Maybe after a long time of no heavy exercise, the sudden huge impact on the muscle do result in all these pain. However, after one week, I feel good and getting better with my stamina. It's not as good as in the past yet, but I am eager to improve my stamina again. Afterall, I need go back into the pool and compete with a 8poh during December. Hahaha.

Yesterday, we celebrated Joyce's 22nd birthday. Although there were only 3 person (Hoi Ling, Joyce and me) but we still have a good time, joking and catching up with one another. As usual, I was assigned as the driver, picking up that two girls from their respective house. Then we decide to have Japanese food in Rakuzen at Jln Raja Chulan.

However, upon parking my car in Pavilion, I told Hoi Ling that there is a Tony Roma outlet in Pavilion. She suggested that we should have Tony Roma instead and we were ok with that suggestion. But luck wasn't on our side, when we found that there was a full house in Tony Roma and they require me to pen down my name on the waiting list and wait for approximately 10 minutes ( which I know, its just an approximate and usually we have to wait longer). I am dead hungry that time so I decided that we should try TGI Fridays situated on the 6th floor of Pavilion.

We headed to TGI Friday and suprisingly we find quite a few empty tables within that outlet, thou its a Saturday night. Without hesitating, I asked the manager for a table for 3. We were seated within 5 minutes and placed our orders within 15 minutes.

That night, all 3 of us decided to have steak. I love steak and I would love to try how good is TGI Friday's steak (I never had a meal before in TGI Fridays until yesterday night). I ordered one set of buffalo wings, NY Strip Steak (Joyce), Sirloin Steak ( Hoi Ling) and Ribeye Steak (me). The food arrived within 20 minutes and we start enjoying our meal.

The steak taste good and it was cooked medium rare (as requested by me). However, I find the meal rather big portion and the mash potato suck. I also find that the thicker parts were rather rare thou it's a common phenomenon when it comes to steak with uneven thickness. I would rate it 3 star out of 5 star, definitely not the best steak I have had so far. And the meal is more pricely compared to what I can get at The Ship and almost equivalent to the better one in San Francisco Steakhouse at KLCC.

My ribeye steak :D


Hoi Ling with her Sirloin Steak


Joyce with her NY Strip Steak


We finish our dinner at 9.30++. It was quick thou but we have some nice chat during that time. I send them home and by 11.20 pm I reached home. The reason I'm going home so early is because I have another appointment with my beloved gang. It's a night full of booze. But I didn't drink much. Something was in my mind all the time but I dunno what. But it is a crazy night with lots of jokes, both funny and hamsap.

Today, I went out with TC for a quick lunch at One Utama and to meet Sean. Sean is in KL with his dad for some business thingy. We have a bit of catching up chat at Vietnamese Kitchen where we have our lunch there. I got to know that lots of people have difficulties finding a good job and a few of them were given a very low salary for what qualification they have. Its rather amusing to me, when a degree holder receive a salary much like a diploma holder. To me, its the employer that should be blame. They are just taking the advantage of this current situation to hire some cheap labor and I'm sure some people are willing to work even with a low salary like that. Spoiling the market ? You be the judge. But I do hope that these people will realize they are being taken advantage of and get a better job with a better pay. They deserve better for what they are capable of.

Lastly, I went to the Kraft Asia 3rd assessment on last Friday. It was a fun experience to have and lucky me, I was placed in a group with 5 girls (I suspect conspiracy ni !). The presentation on the case study was abit tension for me. I am preseting to a group of experts, teaching them how to solve a crisis (they are freaking experience compared to me !). That kwai lou financial officer is a funny dude whereby he crack a lot jokes with us to calm us down. I think I did ok for the presentation while two of my groupmates definitely do better than me. However, I was relieved that they called me in for the computer assessment then, which means, I was shortlisted again, from the presentation thingy.

Now, I just have to wait for the result of the assessment and their offer. The results will be out tomorrow and I am hoping for the best. Let the god decide that whether I should leave KL to work in Penang or JB or continue to work in KL. Its an offer too good to turn down and I knew, should I receive the offer, I would be staying in somewhere else for at least 2 years. Hahaha. Something I am not mentally prepared for but I think I should be able to take up the challenge.

Till then, Tata !!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment