Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Job Hunting !

These days I'm so busy hunting for jobs that I have neglected this blog. Felt so guilty now pulak. Here are some latest update over the last week. I was busy preparing for my Kraft Asia interview and at the same time, I did enjoy some outing with friends.


Playing snooker with some of my high school friends

Last Thursday, I went for a gathering with some of my high school friends. It was quite a strange gathering as we set the venue at Spicy, Menjalara, but this time around we did not have any one volunteering to fetch another friend nor there was anyone asking for a car pool. This had made me realize, no more car pooling maybe a sign that all of us have finally grown up with each of us having an own car. Hahaha, but this was quite a nuisance, since most of our house is about 2 km away from the mamak, but yet each of us drive a car there ourselves. This created another problem, no parking for so many cars ! There were 7 of us (Choon Yih, Eng Soon, Alvin, Fun Yat, Krishnath, Jing Long and Me), and each of us drove a car. The parking area near the mamak was rather limited and thus some of them were left with no choice but to park far away. Hence, some how car pooling does have its own benefits.

It was a great gathering. We were joined by an Indian friend from my friends' sixth former school which is one funny dude to talk to and two young lady which are my friend's colleague. We talked, we joke and of course, I would take the chance to make new friends with these 3 stranger sitting together with us. And of course, it doesn't take too long, when my friends start talking crap and trying to disturb me with the girl (Ok, I don't know why I have friends that like to play prank with me with girls). Then somewhere around 11, Mei Fen and Yei Yuen arrived to join us. Then Teong Hong came along. We talk about the last updates in life, some gossip of course and some political stuff. And of course, when all the guys gathered, some football talk will surface naturally.

At around 12, we decided that we have enough of yamchar and we head to a newly opened snooker centre. Well, to those who know me, you guys should know that I dont play snooker. But that night I was tempted. That night, at the snooker center, we have lots of fun. Some fun were too stupid that it made me laugh for 10 minutes continuously. It's been so long since the last time I laugh that loud and long ! Well, maybe when someone said, "Alex is always too stressed up", probably its true. But after graduating from uni, I felt so much lighter and much more relax. And I realize, I have just learn again on how to laugh happily during my Singapore and Phuket trip.

The next day, we went for some minum minum @ Solaris Mont Kiara. Well, I have been there a few times but its the first time I'm going there for some beer session with friends. It's a great place at night. Classy with neon lights brightening the entire streets. We went to an outdoor bar (I forgotten the name but its located somewhere near Coffee Bean. The beer price ain't that cheap but considering that place is Mont Kiara, hence we don't really mind the price at all. We order two tower and start drinking madly. Hahaha. We talk about younger days, our latest relationship and as usual some gossips would spice up the night even further. We go home at about 1 am, as they start closing that time. It's quite early considering its a Friday night, but well, classy place always has some crappy rules. LOL.

Minum Minum with friends @ Soho KL kat Solaris Mont Kiara



On Saturday, I met Yan and Suet for dinner in Chilis, Mid Valley. Sort of like a small reunion for 3 of us who once served in Sime Darby Technology Centre. I did some catchup with them, knowing that Suet is now working in Puchong, while kiddy Yan is planning to further her studies in Australia National University.

Lamb Shank - looking at it causes my air liur to meleleh

Anyway, let's get back into the topic. Job hunting. Aihhh. These 2 words are bothering me for days d. I never know job hunting can be so hard. It's either the recession is seriously bad or our degree really sucks or I'm too selective about job (thou basically I just apply all and wait for call). Today I just went for the Kraft Asia Pacific Graduate Trainee interview. At first, I thought there would be only a few shortlisted candidate. But when I reach there, I was surprised to find a list of more than 30 candidates. That means, I only have 1/30 chances to get selected. Soooooo compeititive !

For this interview it was quite fun actually. When I first saw my 3 interviewer (all 3 also lelaki), I was quite worried. I know guys tend to be less sympathetic and they can ask crazy questions. But to my surpised again, the HR department already set up the question for them to ask me. So they have to ask according to the list of questions and drote down important things that I have mention. And all 4 questions were based on my personal life experience. How I deal with people, challenges I faced before, how I lead people, how I get problems solved and stuff that you have been through daily. Its not any specific questions about Kraft nor US economy as I first predicted. However, thou the questions seem to be simple but it is rather tricky, when someone ask you things like whether what you did during that time is right or wrong and what you have learn from an event.

Hahaha. Anyway, that interview was quite long. They expect me to finish the interview within an hour, but mine strech from 8 till 9.15. I have some good laugh with the interviewer and they seems interested with my stories (except for the Malay dude in the middle). Not really sure will they call me for the next assessment, but I certainly hope they will.. Hoping for the best now.

Back at home, I continue searching for jobs. Laboratory Assistant, Microbiologist, Molecular Biologist..... and the list goes on and on. At the same time, I am looking for scholarships to do postgraduate studies. Should I get a good scholarships, I think I will put career aside and go for postgrad studies first. Jin Yan is leaving for Australia this coming weekend. How fast... She is going to do Master of Biotechnology in Australia National University. A great uni that I have consider before this.

It's getting late. I think I better off to bed now. Tata guys !

1 comment:

  1. Fake Google ad confuses the hell out of MIT students, who are not as smart as previously thought. The Google Jobs Prank

    ReplyDelete