Saturday, July 25, 2009

Weekend !

Its another weekend again. And its nearing the end of July.

I have been under the holiday mode for almost 3 months and its really getting bored with me sitting at home everyday, watching drama, waiting for people to call me out or me planning up something very wuliao. My convocation ceremony will be held at Wisma MCA in two weeks time and I already start planning activities for that particular week. Well, activities that include gathering with all my biochemist comrades, dinner with all my good friends (some purposely fly back from Australia to attend my convocation, so touch =.=" -> actually they come back for holiday) and dinner with my big family and another round of studio photograhpy.

I'm still waiting for Kraft call and the result is not out yet. It is that hard to decide among 15 of us, which 5-10 will be selected. I really have no idea. But whatever it is, I am still waiting over here. If there is no result by Monday, I would send up another application for management trainee in UOB Bank. And I certainly hope that F&N or Malayan Flour Mills would give me a call by then.

Well, nothing much happened during the entire week. I basically spend most of my time at home, watching TVB drama and analysing the market. US stock market is recovering from the earlier recession and you could see computer giant and electronic giant stock begin to show signs of improvement. Opsss. Why I suddenly touch about all these stock thing ? Haha. I don't know, just telling you guyz what I really do at home.

I have started back my jogging regime. Everyday, I would jog for about 45 minutes - 1 hour which cover a distance of about 5-7 km. At first, it was hard. For the first two days, my entire leg felt numb after jogging and I dont even have the energy to climb stairs. Soon, its getting better and today, I managed to jog non stop for approximately 30 minutes. I hope to continue to improve on my stamina and then get back into the pool.

This noon, I received a call from a girl in Australia. Canberra to be exact. Hehe, guess who she is ? It is nice to hear from her again as the last time I spoke to her was during last month dinner in Chilis. She starts telling me about how big is ANU but also how she regretted chosing it. The reason ? The postgraduate programme is not up to her expectations and she knew it is difficult to compete with some of the best brains around the world there. And now she tell me how she regretted for not chosing universities in Melbourne or Sydney (Melbourne University, UNSW, RMIT, University of Sydney). Haha. Actually, I have selected this few universities as potential university for me to do my postgraduate studies incase I can't find a proper job in time (by September I guess).

UNSW is one the university I like most and most likely, I would be going there. However, that was my original plan, but now I intend to do an MBA instead of an MSc. But the some MBA programs require working experience which I am lacking of. So I also very lost. Dunno what to choose at this stage. Hence the best option is to work first.

But talking about work, seriously, I don't know what is happening to Malaysia market. The government had started talking about the Bio Valley back in year 2000 something. Till now, I dont see much improvement. Compared to Singapore, they have constructed their very own Bio Polis, they develop a region known as Buona Vista, which is a town that houses all Bio-related research and development company/firm. Now, Singapore is attracting thousands of expert to work there, with an attractive salary and possibily, getting the resident status. Yet Malaysia, we see degree holder working as lab technician with salary of 1.3k - 2.2k, scientist with salary of 2.5k - 4k. Haihz. So if you ask me, without a Master degree, dont go into research please.

I dont't know why I am crapping all these here. Maybe because I am too free now. Hehe. I guess that's all for this post. Will try to update more often. Hehe.

2 comments:

  1. I've been trying hard to post u a comment, becuz there was a lag from google just now. Maybe their server got hook up with some jerks out there. Never knew that you would write yourself a blog for any reasons. It is a good thing when it comes to writing. I can see that you've been fooling around the last 3 months, it was like half a year in my mind. I've been dragged out by you and others to a hang out till midnights. (Guess that you guys haven't watch the american pie yet). It was the day before yesterday, another session ended up with a tired and sleepy scene. Although we are not "alcoholized", but i'm drunk, because of you guys's funny act. It would be my perfect youth memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =.=". Deng. Wan say we all drag you out meh. Hahaha. Going out as a gang of bachelor is fun ! Never notice how girls around us always have an eye on us ? LOL

    ReplyDelete