Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Past Two Years, Next Few Years

Its has been 2 years. TWO great years filled with laughter, madness, confusion, unbeatable and great excitement. I have learned a lot during this period of time in a field where I think I love most. I understand how manufacturing work, how supply chain do their planning and distribution, how we budget, how to drive the business forward and how to manage others.

Two great years of working experience. From a humble, big & low profile trading & manufacturing firm, I jump into a MNC associated organization that is manufacturing and distributing brands for the second largest food-line consumer product company in the world. I learned about consumer insights, modern trade and other trades, marketing strategy and I am still learning way too many things these days. Its really exciting and challenging.

However, at this point of the time, I slow down a little bit and start thinking what's next. After I graduate from UTAR, I earned myself an offer from HKU to pursue my master. But I did not take that offer because I know what I really want is not spending the rest of my life in lab or in a lab coat. I want to climb the corporate ladder and make important business decisions that can help organizations that I am associated with to move forward and do even better. I know I need a business qualification - MBA, ACCA or ICAEW. But ACCA and ICAEW is a little bit too professional and thats not what I really want. Hence, I have set sights on MBA since my graduation date.

To qualify for MBA, especially in good universities - please ignore most local uni, require 2 or more years of working experience. Since the very first day I start my permanent position in Promac, I have been waiting for this date to arrive - where I can finally start applying do my MBA in these universities.

Now, the time has arrived. I am sad because that basically means I am getting older :P. But the time is here and I should start searching for it already. Thou I love my current job and it has a bright career prospect, however, I wont forget to pursue my dream. If possible, I want to earn a spot in an oversea university to read my MBA so that I can get to explore a litle bit as well. I do have a little bit regret from time to time for not taking up Queensland and HKU offer back then. Lost the chance to explore other countries as a student. Now with so many committement only want to talk about exploring and studying again. I find myself rather funny in this case.

But old at age but young in heart & brain. I suppose if I really want to go for it, I can reapply and earn another good offer. But well, that will take some time of course. I really want to go experience other's culture, history and others. Maybe I get a little bit tired of working in the consumer line, but because I am in that line now, I understand consumer very well and I know what I want very well also.

I really have no idea whats going to happen agian in next 2-3 years. My target is to get all these done by 27, but knowing some good university require more years of working experience, I might jz take the risk and wait a bit more. And I hope, I will remember to reevaluate my position again in the next 2 years to see whether decision made by me that time is a good one or a great one.

No comments:

Post a Comment