Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long Time No See !

I can't believe my last post was in October 2010. I thought I remembered myself posting at least one post per month but its something remembered wrongly my weakening subconscious mind.

Well well, we are into 2011 already - the year of Rabbit according to the Chinese Horoscope. I had a great start to the bunny year with a superb good job offer Management Associate Programme) - that I rejected in the end, because the industry is not something that I think I can work in for a long period of time. I want a career not a job ! But I guess its still a blessing in disguise, that I get one hell of an amount of bonus from my current company and feel appreciated by the top management which makes me feel good about what I have done over the past 1 year.

Anyway, to hell with work. Let's talk about how I have enjoyed myself for the past 15 days of the lunar calendar during CNY period that was filled with gambling sessions, drinking sessions, dirty jokes sessions, and talk cock sing song session.

As usual, every year I expect to see one idiot who will fly back all the way from Adelaide just to lose money to us. Our friends call him the "choi san yeh" because luck is never on his side and he is known to be addicted to poker cards and always volunteer himself as a 'chongker' for the Black Jack game. This year, he flew in a little bit late, almost 15 days before CNY but that's enough for him to get warm up with his fans that are eager to see him distributing money to him.

However, this year things were a little different. Not that he is not the choi san yeh, but he is taking all our money away from us. Night after night, he is the overall champion, taking away our hard earned money and breaking the heart of his fans. Now, everyone anti him and want him down. I believe if he don't lose to us a great sum of amount, he will not be forgiven anytime soon.

Next after gambling session would definitely be our inaugural good friends reunion dinner. This is the first year we booked two table for lou sang among good friends. It was fun and everyone get to mingle with each other after havent see each other for days, months or years. We have lots of red wine that night - I think I lost count of the number of bottles that we have opened - maybe around 10 bottles. And the funny part is, I ask Krishnath to tag along.

Being an Indian, Krishnath start mixing with us since schooling days. Definitely, in such a good gathering session, he cannot be missed. He came that day and bravely stepped into a 99.99% chinese dominated restaurant together with me (although I can see him a little bit uneasy with the setup). We had good funny chats about almost everything that night. These are the things that reminded us of those happy times in secondary school.

That night we drink and we had lots of fun! We gossip, we laugh, we joke and we try to get each other drunk with our 12 bottles of wine and liquor. Well, unfortunately, Jonas cant take too much wine or alcohol. Hahahaha. He just cant take it (or else he would drunk after a shot jz like in Zouk). The dinner, those laughter lasted almost 3 hours plus. By the time we realize we are too full to cramp out our stomach with summore food its already 10.30 pm.

They doesnt want to end the party that early and instead of going home, we went over to Mei Fen home for a gambling session.

It was really one hell of a day. I love Chinese New Year when friends gather and have fun. Really miss those moments when I am thinking of my current situation.

Well, well. Life moves on and I am eagerly waiting for the next CNY for 2012. Till then, I would always remember those good moments we have shared during that few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment