Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peaceful Weekend

Peaceful weekend? Well, its been quite sometime since the last one. Stayed at home, sleep for more than 12 hours, read newspaper, watch TV and DVDs and played some fun games on my I4.

To be honest, I never really like the idea of a peaceful life when I was still in university. To me, life gotta be fast moving, fill with excitement and surprises and problems to make it complete. I think that's why I always prefer to work in the fast moving corporate and commercial line than to dwell with the ever slow and mentally exhausting process of laboratory/research kind of work.

However, it is these days that I realize the need of some time to be alone. A peaceful weekend can help you concentrate and focus on things better, to clear off all the 'logs' on your head, to allow some soul searching moments and to give a good rest of your meaty machine that works day and night during weekdays. And I do find myself performed much better the next day whenever I have a good rest the day before - usually happened on Monday, Tuesday. Its a simple theory that elderly had stressed upon since ages ago - you gotta rest well to have a healthy body and mind. But do we practice that ?

Well, for this particular weekend, I just couldn't date anyone out. I'm back from Ipoh on Friday after attending a wedding dinner of a good uni friend. On Saturday, I attended a training session in my Klang plant and reach home late in the evening. Went out yam char for a while with LES and LTH on Saturday night and stayed at home for the whole Sunday.

I have spend the Sunday wisely. Drafted out some plan for the next few months, catch up with some national/world/sports news that I have missed out due to the hectic working life and get enough sleep to rejuvenate my tired mind/body after two busy week. Definitely I wouldn't be living this kind of Sunday every weekend. But its good to have one or two each month. Aging process will consume us and eventually we need more rest and take care of ourselves to keep us going. Pushing yourself too hard will not do any good.


Next weekend will be hell as I would be in Tioman with the entire company staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment